Colchester Castles T&Cs
When you make a booking via our website, email, telephone, text message or social media with Colchester Castles or Castle Tots Stay & Play, you are agreeing to our full Terms & Conditions, disclaimer, delivery policy and rules of hire.
Hire deposit amount: £20 per castle
Party Service deposit amount: £40
Please take your time to read all of the below.
All hire deposits are non-refundable unless we as the company cancel your booking. Special circumstances may alter our decision. If you have made a booking and paid a deposit or paid in full and wish to reschedule the date of hire, we will hold your fees for the next date as you wish. Maximum time of holding is 6 months.
If you decide to cancel your booking, your deposit will be kept, however as stated above you could use this towards another booking with us. (within 6 months)
50% of party deposits are fully refundable up until 24 hrs before. Due to booking the hall in advance we are unable to refund the full amount. The full party payment needs to be made via PayPal, bank transfer or cash before the party starts.
24HR IN ADVANCE BAD WEATHER CANCELLATION
If the forecast suggests rain, you can phone to cancel your booking 24 hours before your delivery time. If you go ahead with your hire, we would not be held responsible due to bad weather as this can change through out the day. The deposit is still non-refundable but you will be able to use it towards another booking (within 6 months).
If you cancel with less than 24 hours of your booking, we will keep your deposit and you cannot use this towards another booking.
If you cancel within 5 hours of the delivery time or upon delivery you will be invoiced 100% of the hire price.
Please note these are strict terms as we could have had other full paying customers book the same item.
Before inflating castles or setting up soft play/equipment we require the full balance to be paid and our terms and conditions/disclaimer to be signed by the hirer. This is to be paid in cash,via PayPal or bank transfer.
Hirers MUST be over the age of 18 with valid photo ID which we will take a copy/photo of upon arrival.
Drivers are unable to leave without taking full payment.
Please keep the equipment clean. On collection, if the equipment excessively dirty we will charge you an additional fee of £50.
Any damage to the equipment due to misuse or neglect will be charged in full to the hirer. If for any reason the equipment is lost due to removal by non-authorised persons the hirer will also be charged for replacement and loss of business.
Upon signing our Terms and Conditions/Disclaimer on the day of hire, the hirer is agreeing to use the equipment for the sole purpose stated in the hire agreement. You shall not use this equipment for sub-hire or for any unlawful purpose.
We cannot accept liability for any household (not limited to, but may include: door-frames, doors, halls ways, flooring, patios, tiles, railings, decking or any other surface or objects, house-hold goods) damage incurred, whilst delivering or collecting any hire equipment provided. We recommend all items be delivered via side gate, or through a garage where possible. We will take items through a house, hall or otherwise, if instructed to do so, or there is no other access. However, we absolutely cannot accept any responsibility or liability for any damage incurred. You must ensure that all path ways are clear of obstruction and large enough to easily and safely take the equipment through.
The equipment provided should be in a safe and secure area whilst on hire.
Please make our staff aware of any underground pipes/wires, if this is not made clear to us and we cause damage whilst pegging the castle into the ground we will not be held liable.
Please make sure the grounds in which we are locating the equipment are on a level surface, clean and free from any animal faeces/rubbish/building materials.
Our company cannot be held responsible for any injury caused to anyone using our equipment.
The hirer must have full permission from the owner of the ground they wish to place our equipment on if it is not owned by yourself.
Delivery of all items will be between the hours of 7am-12pm, please make sure you book arrival of your items approx. 1 hour before your party starts as we have to allow up to 30 minutes until set up is complete.
If you require a certain time for delivery you can request this BUT IS NOT GUARANTEED. This is on a first come first serve basis and depends on location of drop off on the day.
Collection for children’s bouncy castles/soft play is arranged according to your party. We expect this to be before 6pm. Late collection can be arranged at an additional cost. At our discretion, adults bouncy castles will be before 7pm on the same terms.
If for any reason we are unable to provide your delivery or will be late for delivery or collection because of traffic conditions, severe weather*, vehicle failure, illness or any other reason stated by the company we will make sure to let you know at the earliest possible opportunity.
*(The maximum wind- speed in which inflatables shall be used outdoors is 38 km/h (Force 5 on the Beaufort Scale); see Annex B. (Max gust speeds of 24mph) Please note that if wind speeds for the day are predicted at (for example) 15mph but gusts are predicted at 30mph, we will not be able to set the inflatable up outside as it is the gusts that can lift the inflatable into the air despite correct anchorage).
Please make sure there is easy access into the area of loading and unloading the items for delivery and collection. We have the right to refuse the setup of any equipment if the item location is not specified on booking.
Upon delivery please make sure the area you require the items is clean and clear of all rubbish/mess. This includes any animal faeces, and household rubbish or building materials. We have the right to refuse set up if the area specified is not in the right condition.
We will be unable to provide a refund if we cannot deliver your products due to lack of space, accessibility or inappropriate location.
If you require any help or advice with the size of any of our products please feel free to call us.
Our priority is your safety (and fun!). Our top quality and safe bouncy castles and soft play/equipment have regular safety inspections.
We ask all clients to adhere to our Terms and Conditions and Safety Policy to ensure that everybody using any of our equipment are not only having a good time, but also remaining safe.
It is your responsibility as the hirer to confirm you have read and understood our full terms and conditions and safety policy and all the other relevant policies we have in place and ensure that all steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the inflatable/equipment while on hire.
A responsible adult over 18 must read the following rules carefully before use of any of our products.
1.No food, drink or chewing gum on or near the inflatable at any time. This is to prevent mess and choking. (PLEASE NOTE if the inflatable is collected in a dirty condition a £50 fee may apply – as stated in our T&Cs)
2. A responsible adult must supervise children on the inflatable at all times.
3. No face paint, coloured streamers, party poppers or silly string to be used on or near the inflatable as this stains.
4. No smoking on the inflatable or BBQs to be used near them.
5. No persons allowed to bounce on the front safety step on the inflatables. This is to assist users in getting on/off safely only.
6. On arrival if you cancel your booking for any reason i.e the item is too large or you have double booked you will be charged the full amount for the hire, for loss of hire and loss of time.
7. All shoes, badges, glasses, belts and any other sharp objects must be removed before using any of our products.
8. Please make sure the inflatable/equipment is ready for collection at the time agreed with the driver, any delays caused by the hirer or guests will be charged at £25p/h.
9. Please do not allow anyone on the inflatable whilst in the process of inflating or deflating the product.
10. No persons are allowed to climb, sit or hang on any of the inflatable walls.
11. Please do not ever turn the blower off whilst the inflatable is in use.
12. In event of heavy rain or wind we recommend the inflatable is switched off.
13. No pets are allowed on the inflatable.
14. It is advised that no person with a history of back or neck problems uses any of the inflatables.
15. The children’s castles have an age limit of 12 years old. Please ensure that no one over this age uses the inflatable especially adults. This is due to safety, manufacturing and insurance reasons.
16. The inflatable must be fully secured to the ground at all times during use and never to be moved once set up.
17. Please do not get any water on the inflatable from water fights, hoses, swimming pools etc.
18. Please take extra care with smaller children, we recommend younger and older children to use the inflatable separately.
19. Please make sure there is no overcrowding on any of the inflatables, limit the number of people on at one time.
20. In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately. The blower has a safety reset button, try pressing this, also check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on again 1 or 2 minutes later, and it should restart. If it does not, inform us straight away.
21. Please make sure the inflatable is still left on upon us collecting as our staff will need to do a check before deflating.